Friday, October 28, 2011

What's For Dinner?

It's Cold.  And I love it!
I have a Cold. And I hate it. Tomorrow I may just sleep all day. .... Ok, who am I kidding? I don't see that happening anytime soon.


Tomorrow is going to be cold and rainy all day. And I'm making this:


Photo from BettyCrocker.com




















Slow Cooker North Woods Wild Rice Soup


Warm and Hearty. Visitors are welcome :)
(I'm using turkey from last Thanksgiving.. Don't tell anyone)


This warm and hearty goodness would be incomplete without these:


Photo from Full Bellies. Happy Kids




















Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks




Here's what's up next week:


Photo from PlainChicken.com






















Creamy Grilled Chicken Piccata


I think i'll fry my chicken in olive oil so I don't have to send hubbs out in the cold to grill supper.


And lastly, Lasagna. I don't have a link to this recipe because it's my Mothers. I did use my own spaghetti sauce this time, but in the future, I will stick with Prego - my favorite! My sauce was lacking in flavor.


Are you looking for a weekly meal organizer? Try THIS! I always plan my meals for the week ahead before going to the grocery store. I look ahead to my week and plan according to my schedule. For example, if I am bringing dessert to our monthly Soup & Spot at church, I plan ahead to avoid a last minute trip to the grocery store. Three meals usually gets us through the week. I also try to make an "extra", such as bread, dessert or something FUN I see on Pinterest.


I heard a great broadcast on Focus on the Family last week. Sheila Walsh shared her amazing story - her struggle with shame and depression and finally embracing Gods promises of for her life. Listen HERE!


Enjoy the cold. Find your snuggle buddy. And watch some Prison Break :)





No comments:

Post a Comment