Monday, October 10, 2011

DIY Project and a Sales Pitch

*** After trying this soap, I do not recommend it. I tried it for a few months, using different d/w settings, and always had the same problem - it leaves "specks" all over the dishes and they don't feel clean to the touch. Thoroughly disappointed, I resorted back to my previous d/w detergent. If you find another that works great, please let me know! ***




I warned you. Homemade dishwasher detergent is here!

Here's what you need:
















1 - 4# box Borax
1 - 4# box Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
3 c. Epsom Salt
24 packages unsweetened Lemonade drink mix (Kool-Aid or Great Value I used here)
Lemi-Shine

Mix all ingredients together except for the lemi-shine. Use 1 tablespoon of lemi-shine in every load as a rinse aid. Just sprinkle some in the bottom of your dishwasher. Be careful of the strong fumes that come from the lemonade mix. Shew - strong stuff! I put my mixture in an air-tight container and will use 1 tablespoon per load.
My inspiration and idea came from here


Did you know that Epsom salt relieves constipation? What other product will clean your dishes and your colon?? (Kind of freaks me out a little....)

Well - I have recently been captivated by wall expressions! For a while, I would peruse Etsy looking at them, so much so, that hubbs would ask me every night, "are you looking at wall stickers again?" :)
I decided to have a party to get some for free, and I'm closing it today. So, be sure to visit Uppercase Living and check out their great ideas! If you decide to order something, please be sure to use my name as the hostess so I can get credit. 

 Here are some of my favorites:








On the Dish
























So go make some dishwasher soap. You know you want to. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment