Friday, January 7, 2011

I am The Harvest Wife

Welp - Here it goes! I've been thinking of starting a blog for some time, and I finally made the time for the first post.
I am The Harvest Wife. I love my God. I love my husband. And I love my little muffin. We all live here on the picturesque Harvest Lane. Picturesque if you consider wheat and pasture eye-catching and glorious! I certainly love our homeplace. I just had a thought. Is it wrong to refer to our homeplace as a plantation? Feels like one. Makes it sound southern and welcoming. Plus we always have sweet tea in the fridge. Ok, that settles it. I love our plantation. Now I have to plant cherry blossoms up and down our wheat and pasture lane.... And I suddenly have a hankering for peach cobbler....

I love cooking! Last year, I made a resolution to make 50 new recipes in 2010. I made it to 20 and got pregnant. After loosing my appetite for a few weeks, I lost the ambition to finish. After I had my little muffin, the ambition returned, and I finished the year with 30 new recipes under my belt.

Most of my posts will probably revolve around butter, babies and books. I hope to share with you some of my favorite things - in the kitchen, nursery and on my bookshelf. So have a seat, grab some sweet tea and enjoy the simple things of life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment