Thursday, January 27, 2011

Muffin is Sick

Muffin is sick. This is my first experience taking care of a sick child, and I am amazed… shocked… at the range of emotions involved in taking care of a sick baby. My first reaction was sympathy, then confusion of knowing what is wrong when they can’t tell you, then exhaustion, followed by frustration, then guilt for feeling frustration, and finally ending again with empathy. Yet somehow, the emotions follow a vicious cycle that can all be experienced within a 60-second time frame. And in the midst of it, I think often of my other friends who have several children, all sick, and who are sick themselves. What right do I have to feel exhausted and frustrated with my one sick child when they have many? Ugh….. I’m tired!

I’m reminded of Isaiah 40:11 – “He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.”

Oliver hasn’t slept since 11:50 and it is now 4:36. (My bad, he slept from 4:15-4:35). Is that normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment