Friday, January 7, 2011

Butter, Babies and Books

Let's start with books. Here is what is currently on my end table.




First, let me apologize for my lack of photography talent. New Years resolution - learn how to take better pictures. More on that later....


Good old Grisham. I always considered myself a romance, boy/girl dance hand in hand into a wheat field stringing daisy crowns for each other, couple kissing in the rain under a yellow umbrella, girl looses cat to cancer kind of reader. Surprisingly, I found myself completely intrigued with Grisham's plots and was completely sucked in. The Confession is a must read. I was hooked by page 20.
The Book - my in-laws encouraged their children to read through the Bible this year and gave us this easy-to-understand version with their challenge. What a great idea!
I just love Patsy! Kaleidoscope journeys through proverbs and gives applicable insight to a few key verses. Her humorous spin makes these insights easy to understand and apply to my daily life.
Walking with God - my Sunday School book and workbook. I love Eldredge's honesty and his heart. So far, he has encouraged us to ask God simple questions as a start to hearing his voice. I'm learning to rest in his presence and to listen to his quiet voice.
Pretend that Baby Wise is on the top of this stack too. It will make its appearance this week.


It is reading season! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment