Saturday, December 3, 2011

What's for Dinner?

This week we have been enjoying..... (drum roll please)

Poor Man Steak (white Mennonite cookbook)
Green Bean Casserole
Peach Crisp Delight  (too much brown sugar for me)

Photo by Taste of Home





















Savory Sweet Potato Soup from The Farm Chicks Cookbook
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (I add 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder and parsley to mine, in addition to the garlic powder)
Photo by Bisquick
















Fish and Wild Rice
Best fish recipe I have ever tried. (recipe for 4 fillets)
Broil fish until it flakes (8-10 minutes)
Sprinkle with lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
Spread topping over fish
Topping:
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese (I didn't have Parmesan, so I used Mozzarella)
1/4 c. butter
2 T. Mayo
1/4 t. salt
Broil until lightly brown



Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza





And for kicks - I made these little bits of heavenly goodness....

Photo by I am Baker

















Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm attending a Christmas party tonight and have been asked to make French Onion Soup. When I am trying a brand new recipe, I turn to the one who knows all things food - The Pioneer Woman. She even walks me through each step with a picture!

Photo from The Pioneer Woman














French Onion Soup

We shall see. My eyes will burn. I will cry. My hands will smell of onions for days. But it may all be worth it. I've never had French Onion Soup before.... shameful, I know.

1 comment:

  1. To get rid of the onion smell wash your hands in vinegar then wash this with soap and water.

    ReplyDelete