Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oh Sweet Potatoes - You Have My Heart

Aside from my love of Jesus, my hubby and my muffin is my love of sweet potatoes! I am obsessed with them. I'm not sure if it is the rich, vibrant color, the sweet tangy flavor, the maple syrup I drown them in or the butter I bathe them in while baking. All I know is that when they melt in my mouth, I sing praises to God for creating this earthy vegetable! (p.s. they are going in our garden this year)


This brings me to a very curious question... What is the difference between sweet potatoes, yams and butternut squash? I think they are all the same... Any insight?


Next week, I am going to try grilling some sweet potatoes (or yams or butternut squash). I'm pretty stoked about it! I watched an episode of Chopped on my iPod this morning and their grilled sweet potatoes (or yams or butternut squash) looked amazing! I also want to try sweet potato fries sometime too.


Now don't these look amazing
Picture of Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe


Photo and recipe courtesy of The Food Network
Sweet Potato Fries

Looking for some sweet potato fries tonight? Head on over to the Georgia House Restaurant!











No comments:

Post a Comment