Saturday, March 17, 2012

What's For Dinner?

I just made these delicious Mini Pepperoni Calzones last night! They are from Sandra Lee, but I can't find a picture or link anywhere online. So here ya go, old fashioned style:

My notes in italics

1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/3 c. diced onion or onion some flakes
8 oz. pepperoni/ham/sausage (each or combination) I use pepperoni and cooked ham
2 t. bottled garlic blend (Gourmet Garden Brand) I used some garlic powder
1 c. shredded 5 cheese Italian cheese blend - I used mozzerella and more of it
1/2 c. pizza sauce - I used my own that I canned last summer :)
1/2 t. italian seasoning
salt and pepper
1 - 16.3 oz. can of refrigerated biscuit dough - Pillsbury all the way
1 egg
1 t. water

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking dish with cooking spray
  • For filling, in medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 3 minutes. Add pepperoni (i quarter them) and garlic (and other meat here too); cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of cheese, pizza sauce and italian seasoning. Add S&P. Set aside.
  • Separate biscuits and roll into a 6" circles. Divide filling among circles. Combine egg and water and brush edges of dough. Fold in half and crimp edges with fork. Pierce top of calzone with fork and brush with egg mixture.
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Here's what else were eating lately:

Pork Loin
Roasted Garlic Mac and Cheese
Photo from Annie-Eats




















Pork Chops with Pineapple Fried Rice

Pinned Image
Photo from The Pioneer Woman














French Onion Soup with Autumn Chopped Salad (this salad outside my comfot zone, folks)

Pinned Image
Photo from ExpressoandCream.com
Pinned Image
Photo from The Pioneer Woman




















Slow Cooked Cheese Stuffed Meatballs and Sauce with Spaghetti

Pinned Image
Photo from Paula Dean


























Mexican Chicken Casserole

Pinned Image
Photo from Paula Dean






























There you have it. Along some other traditional meals, that will be us for the next 2 weeks.

Anyone really LOVE French Onion Soup like I do? Please come over and help me eat it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment