Monday, January 16, 2012

What's For Dinner?

One thing that I want to work on is listening more - talking less. When those two are switched, I seem to either get myself in trouble or end up looking stupid. (Which after years of experience of making myself look ridiculous, I have learned to accept those times with grace). 


Nonetheless - Talk Less. Listen More. Or at least, carefully examine what i'm going to speak, before it gets spoken.


Conclusion - cooking doesn't require talking. Just smelling, tasting and drooling.
Here's what I've been cooking...


Photo from Lauren's Latest



Photo from Lauren's Latest



Roast Beef

Photo from The Pioneer Woman


Grilled Fish
Rice
Steamed Broccoli

Photo from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

(I may use a Chuck Roast instead because I don't have any brisket)

Famous Dave's Corn Muffins by Top Secret Restaurant Recipes (Makes 1 dozen)
1 3/4 c. cornmeal
1 3/4 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
3/4 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda
2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter
1/2 t. vanilla
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. buttermilk
1/3 c. vegetable oil
3 T. honey

  • Preheat oven to 400 (I used 350 because they got really dark at 400)
  • Grind cornmeal at high speed in food processor for 5 minutes. Pour all the cornmeal in large bowl with flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and milk.
  • Cream eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla.
  • Combine wet and dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
  • Fill muffin cups
  • Bake 20-25 minutes.

Monster Cookies (Esther Shank Cookbook - page 167)
Cinnamon Rolls (I am using a friends recipe; however, I usually use the one in the red Mennonite cookbook - page 8 and use the delicious caramel frosting on page 10)

For breakfast, we are having toasted English muffins with apple butter (that, if I had to guess, is 5 years old. Still good though!)


Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment